Admissions & Financial Aid
Students who are interested in enrolling into Cosmo Beauty Academy may do so by calling and setting up an appointment at (916) 779-0143 and bringing the following: Proof of Identification issued by the United States Government, Social Security Card, High School Diploma or GED and the registration fee.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Our financial aid representatives are available in-person to help you answer any questions and develop a plan that works for you.
- Student must be at least 18 years old. 17 years of age is acceptable if the student has a high school diploma or the equivalent. No ability to benefit ATB students accepted.
- Take and pass an entrance exam with a score of 70% or better given by Cosmo Beauty Academy
- Applicants who immigrated to the United States and cannot provide an actual copy of a high school diploma or its equivalent will have to obtain a G.E.D.
- It is the student responsibility to have a foreign diploma translated and provide certify copies of the diploma for enrollment
- Valid Social Security Card
- Have a valid government issued I.D. Card. (Driver’s License, any state, State issued Identification card; Military Identification; United States Passport; Resident Alien – I 551; Employment Authorization – I-7666; I-666B; Certificate of United States Citizenship; United States Citizen Identification Card – I-197; Alien Registration Card – I-5.
- Registration fee of $100.00 (which is non-refundable and must be paid prior to enrollment)
- Attend a mandatory orientation class before the beginning of the first day of class
- $10.00 fee for every credit report ran for potential co-signers. CBA may require your student account to be secured by someone with good credit due to the issue of supplies and textbooks during the first week of class.
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age.
- Applicant must have completed at least the tenth grade or its equivalent, High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must complete all requirements and clock hours for their prescribed course.
- Applicant must submit the required forms for the examination and pay all required fees.
- Applicant must pass a licensing examination by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Applicant must be able to travel to the examination facility in either Fairfield or Glendale, California.
- Each applicant must have a Government approved Picture Identification Card and a valid Social Security Number.
Students will not be able to obtain a license or employment without a valid social security number.
Outcome Rates for all 3 Programs are:
- English Cosmetology Completion Rate: 61.54%
- English Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 87.5%
- English Cosmetology Placement Rate: 81.25%
- Spanish Cosmetology Completion Rate: 77.78%
- Spanish Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 80.95%
- Spanish Cosmetology Placement Rate: 71.43%
- Esthetician Completion Rate: 75.0%
- Esthetician Licensure Rate: 91.67%
- Esthetician Placement Rate: 83.33%
- Manicure Completion Rate: 82.05%
- Manicure Licensure Rate: 81.25%
- Manicure Placement Rate: 75.0%