PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE PROFESSION
Entering into the field of Cosmetology requires a few physical demands. The main areas of stress are the back, neck, shoulders, wrist, feet and legs. Being in good physical condition and having excellent stamina will help ease these problems. Also, support hose and comfortable flat shoes will help reduce strain and pressure.
At Cosmo Beauty Academy, we will teach you how to protect your clients and yourself through proper sanitation and sterilization practices. You will be responsible for the proper sanitation and disinfection all of your tools and implements. Gloves should be worn during chemical procedures and anytime there is a possible contact with any bodily fluids. You will share in the responsibility of keeping all areas of the school, not just your personal workspace, neat and clean.
According to "Money" Magazine, the average Hairdresser/Cosmetologist in the United States makes about $30,000 annually. A graduate of our school should expect their first entry-level job to make slightly more than minimum wage, plus commission on salon sales and services. A typical Cosmetologist is paid 50-60% of the revenue produced from salon services they perform, and are paid up to 20% on the retail sales they make.
Projections data from the National Employment Matrix:
|Occupational Title||Employment, 2010||Projected employment, 2020||Number||Percent|
|Barbers and cosmetologists||712,200||813,100||100,900||14|
|Hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists||627,700||726,100||98,400||16|
|Manicurists and pedicurists||81,700||95,300||13,600||17|
|Skin care specialists||47,600||59,300||11,700||25|
What Cosmetology Offers You
Cosmetology is one of the most creative, exciting, and rewarding careers available today. Just consider what's waiting for you!
- Cosmetology lets you become a working professional and begin earning money quickly. As a full time student, you'll be able to complete your cosmetology education and be well on your way to a wonderful career in less than a year.
- Cosmetology gives you the power to help others look and feel their best.
- Cosmetology gives you career options! You can work as a hair designer, manicurist, skin care specialist or you can continue your education and become an instructor or a State Board examiner.
- Cosmetology provides job openings everywhere at all times.
- Cosmetology lets you work with flexible schedules.
- Cosmetology is one of the only careers that let's you develop and pursue your creative and business talents at your own pace.
- Cosmetology lets you take your career anywhere, such as:
- Platform Artist
- Professional make-up artist and hair designer for runway modeling or commercials
- Hair and Beauty Expo's coordinator
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE
So there you have it, seven reasons why Cosmetology makes an excellent career choice. Now it's time to check it out!