Students who are interested in enrolling into Cosmo Beauty Academy may do so by calling and setting up an appointment at (916) 779-0134 and bringing the following: Proof of Identification issued by the United States Government, Social Security Card, High School Diploma or GED and the registration fee.
- Student must be at least 18 years old. 17 years of age is acceptable if the student has a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Take and pass an entrance exam given by Cosmo Beauty Academy
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. or have received a passing score from an ability to benefit test approved by the Department of Education and was enrolled in an accredited program before July 1st, 2012.
- Applicants who immigrated to the United States and cannot provide an actual copy of a high school diploma or its equivalent will have to obtain a G.E.D.
- Valid Social Security Card
- Have a valid government issued I.D. Card. (Driver’s License, any state, State issued Identification card; Military Identification; United States Passport; Resident Alien – I 551; Employment Authorization – I-7666; I-666B; Certificate of United States Citizenship; United States Citizen Identification Card – I-197; Alien Registration Card – I-5.
- Registration fee of $100.00 (which is non-refundable and must be paid prior to enrollment)
- Attend a mandatory orientation class before the beginning of the first day of class
- $10.00 fee for every credit report ran for potential co-signers. CBA may require your student account to be secured by someone with good credit due to the issue of supplies and textbooks during the first week of class.
- We are a learning environment that believes in high expectations from our students. During the enrollment process, we will determine if you are the appropriate fit for our institution with a rating system that evaluates your overall attitude, punctuality, and ability to follow instructions by bringing in required paperwork to complete your enrollment.
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age.
- Applicant must have completed at least the tenth grade or its equivalent, High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must complete all requirements and clock hours for their prescribed course.
- Applicant must submit the required forms for the examination and pay all required fees.
- Applicant must pass a licensing examination by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Applicant must be able to travel to the examination facility in either Fairfield or Glendale, California.
- Each applicant must have a Government approved Picture Identification Card and a valid Social Security Number.
- *Students will not be able to obtain a license or employment without a valid social security number.*
Overall Outcome Rates for all 3 programs are:
- 2015 Completion rates is 75.31%
- 2015 Licensure rate is 65.67%
- 2015 Placement rate is 91.53%
We are accredited through:
National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences
4401 Ford Avenue, Suite 1300
Alexandria, VA 22302
Tel: (703) 600-7600
Fax: (703) 379-2200
For More Information:
All prospective students are welcome to come in and tour our facilities and meet with our staff.